The Town of Columbine Valley has adopted the following building codes.
- 2018 International Building Code and International Residential Code
- 2020 National Electrical Code
In addition, the Town has roofing requirements to better serve citizens and roofing contractors. The requirements are summarized as follows:
- Ice barrier shall be used on the eave edge for all new roof tear-offs. The ice barrier shall extend 24 inches from the exterior wall.
- Provide drip edge metal at eaves and gable ends. Eave and gable drip edge metal shall extend a minimum of 2 inches onto the roof surface and 1.5 inches over the exposed decking edge.
- The total net free area shall not be less than 1 square foot of roof vents per 150 square feet of roof area.
- Nail-down mineral surfaced roll roofing is NOT allowed for any roofing application. Mineral surfaced roll roofing shall be attached per manufacture’s installation instructions in an adhered- or torch-down installation.
- Most neoprene plumbing vent flashings will have to be replaced due to deformities caused by exposure to the elements.
- Rusted and/or damaged flashing, attic vents, and furnace to fireplace vents are required to be replaced.
- Flashing used for open valleys shall be a minimum of 24-inch wide, 26-gage galvanized steel.
- Flashing and counter flashings are required where the roof meets a vertical surface. Counter flashing may be omitted if the top edge of the wall flashing is covered with an approved exterior siding material.
- Asphalt shingles shall be fastened to solidly sheathed decks. Solid sheathing is required with consistent gaps if the spaced decking is .25 inch or greater.