How do I pay my ticket?
Look at the blue summons for instructions regarding payment and points assessed to your driving record for traffic tickets. There is an Amount Due box near the center of the summons that will let you know if payment by credit card, mail or at the front counter at Town Hall is an option, or if you must appear in court.
- You may pay for the ticket if there is a dollar amount written in the Amount box by the officer (this is called a payable offense).
- If no amount is written in the Amount box you cannot pay at this point. The court date will be specified in the top third of the summons, and your appearance in court is mandatory on the date specified.
Payment options include:
- Pay by credit card at this link.
- Mail a check payable to Columbine Valley to Town Hall (2 Middlefield Road, Columbine Valley, CO 80123).
- Bring cash or a check payable to Columbine Valley to Town Hall.
A reduction in points may be possible provided payment is received at least 24 hours prior to your court date.
If you choose to, you can also bypass payment and appear in court on the given date.
Where is the invoice number for my ticket?
On the top in bold letters as shown here.
What happens at Municipal Court?
Municipal Court is held on the first Thursday of every month as discussed here.
When you meet with the Town attorney, he will discuss any options that are available to you by way of a plea bargain. From there, you will be directed to the court room where you will speak with the Judge who will then sign your plea bargain and set your fine.
- You will be required to pay your fine that night.
- If you are unable to pay the fine, speak with the clerk at the counter regarding your options for a Stay of Execution (SOE) where $50 is due and payable on the 10th of every month until your fine is paid in full.
- SHOULD YOU FIND THAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO MAKE MONTHLY PAYMENTS OF AT LEAST $50 PER MONTH, YOU MAY CONTACT THE MUNICIPAL COURT CLERK AND SCHEDULE A HEARING BEFORE THE COURT.
What happens if I do not pay a ticket I received?
If you fail to pay your ticket at least 24 hours prior to your court date, you will be expected to appear in court on the date on your ticket.
If you fail to appear in court, a failure to appear will be issued and a letter will be sent to the address on the ticket with a new date to appear in court. An additional fine will often be assessed for your failure to appear.
If you fail to appear in court on the new court date issued to you, a warrant or judgment will be issued against you.
How can I contest traffic or parking citations?
A person who receives a traffic or parking citation may contest it by contacting the Columbine Valley Municipal Court through the same procedures as a traffic citation.
I lost my traffic citation. What do I do?
If you lost your traffic citation, you need to contact the Columbine Valley Municipal Court at 303-795-1434.
I got stopped for driving without proof of insurance. Now what?
If you have current insurance, but didn’t have it with you or couldn’t find it when you were stopped by the Police Officer, then you need to submit proof of insurance to the Town and pay a $25 administrative fee. For more information, please contact the Columbine Valley Municipal Court at 303-795-1434.
If you didn’t have insurance at the time of your stop, you will need to appear in court at the day and time written on your summons.