Planning and Zoning Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission (P&Z) serves as an advisory committee to the Town Board of Trustees. Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and making recommendations on rezoning cases, preliminary subdivision plans, and zoning ordinance amendments
- Submitting recommendations to the Town Board of Trustees on planning issues such as proposed development plans or modifications to the existing Land Use Manual and other related planning documents that address the development and growth of the Town.
- Adopting and amending the Master Plan.
The P&Z has eight members and three alternate members.
- Two of the eight members are the Mayor and Planning Trustee, who sit in ex officio, non-voting roles.
- A Chairman and Vice Chairman are elected by the members of the Commission from among their ranks.
- The members of the P&Z are appointed by the Board of Trustees for four-year terms and may be reappointed at the term’s expiration.
- Current Members are: Sandy Graham, Chair; Eric Chekal, Dale Irwin, Hailey Theil, Jeff Sahr, Jay Neese, Pam Eller, Jack Scheu, and Cinamon Watson.
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets as needed on the second Tuesday of every month at Columbine Valley Town Hall. Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m.
Board of Adjustments
The Town maintains a Board of Adjustments to consider variances and special exceptions to Town ordinances, and to hear appeals of interpretation of the zoning ordinance by Town Staff. The Board of Adjustment only meets as necessary, and notice of meetings are posted at Town Hall and on this website.
Mail: Planning and Zoning Commission or Board of Adjustments
Town of Columbine Valley
2 Middlefield Road
Columbine Valley, CO 80123